Sunday, March 27, 2011

Tie Onesie

We recently had a baby shower for a co-worker, Marcela.
Isn't she an adorable preggers? :)
I wanted to make something cute and fun for the new little boy, but was limited on the supplies I had, so I went with adding ties to a couple of onesies.

It was simple, and you can go bigger with patterned fabrics, or keep it simple.
First, I drew out a couple different size ties and cut them out to see which I like the best on the onesie. Then, I traced around my favorite on my fabric and cut it out. Next, get out the stitch withchery, and put cover the backside of the tie in it. Now comes the hardest part...flip it over and have it still fit properly without sticking out. It can be done, just takes a little coaxing.

Now, just follow the directions for the stitch witchery. Heat iron to wool setting, put damp cloth in between iron and shirt, and press down. Then, flip the shirt over and do the same on the back. Voila! You have a cute, custom onesie!

No comments:

Post a Comment