Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rummage Sale finds


Each year there is a huge rummage sale in Balboa Park hosted by The Thursday Club. All money raised from the sale goes back into the San Diego community. This is the largest sale of its type, and they were expecting to raise over $110,000 from the sale this year.
I did my part, gave them my $37 and got lots of goodies! :) The sale lasts two days, and I went on Saturday and spent about 4 hours inside finding fun things. I told myself I was done, but Sunday morning I just kept thinking about how everything was half price, so I went back and got some more.
The sale began at 9, but people start lining up as early as the night before. Yep you read that right, people camp out for the best deals. (Is a $10 bike worth it? I guess if you really want a bike...) I got there about 8:30 and got in line, the long, long line. Because it was going around the courtyard, I couldn't quite capture the length of the line in a picture, but I waited patiently.
Once inside, my first stop was the arts & crafts section, followed by the clothes. then meandering around the rest of the area.

All in all I think I did pretty good, I ended up with 9 shirts ($13), 7 pairs of good quality pant/jeans ($14), a patten cutting board (my first grab and only $1), 4 mason jars ($1), assorted fabrics ($2) a rug ($1), blanket ($2), sheet set ($2), and mini backpack($1).
I'm excited to start using the fabrics and the cutting mat. It's old and a little beat up, but I remember my mom having one of them, and when I saw it I knew I needed it! :) 
Can't wait for next years sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment