Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Malt Cake

A few weeks ago was the birthday of one of the girls at work. I'd just gotten a new cookbook, Baked. It is a fabulous cookbook, and I recommend it to all!

So, I was enlisted to utilize this new book and make the cake. I decided on making the Malt Cake. It is a white cake with malt flavoring added to the batter, and a chocolate frosting. It turned out quite delicious and very moist.

Of course if you're going to have a malt cake, you have to decorate it with malt balls right?! I found these strawberry ones to alternate with the chocolate, and they were surprisingly good. I usually am of the opinion that something that is good done with chocolate, will not be good any other way really, but these were a pleasant surprise.
Here it is

No comments:

Post a Comment