Sunday, November 14, 2010

Peepee Teepee

I recently saw these as I was out shopping with a friend and thought they were a great idea, and I could come up with a way to make them...and here they are! :)
This is a peepee teepee, used for changing a baby boys diaper so the changer doesn't get sprayed on, just take the old diaper off and pop this on while the changing happens. I wasn't going to any boy showers anytime soon, so I filed them away in my mind for when I need to, but a friend has two boy showers to go to and so I made some for her to give as gifts at those.
It was fairly simple coming up with a way to make these, so here it goes.
  
The supplies are simple, some fun fabric for the outside, a soft fleece for the inside, and some ribbon. At the place I originally saw them they also had some made with a towel on the inside, but I liked the fleece (and had a bunch of it). For each one you are going to need a half circle of fabric and fleece. I just took a bowl and traced a circle as a pattern, used it to cut circles in the fabric and cut them in half. The bowl I used was about 7 inch diameter, but you could do a little bigger or smaller.
 Put right sides of fabric and fleece together and stitch around the curved edge

Turn right side out and stitch around the curved edge again, this will keep it stable and from the material moving around and losing shape.






Fold the semi circle in half, making a triangle and place the loop of ribbon along the center fold, with the loop on the inside and the edges sticking out from the raw edge.


Sew along the straight edge

 Trim the raw edge as close to the seam as possible. Turn right side out and you are done!
These are simple and fun to make, and easily customizable to the mom's favorite colors or patterns!

No comments:

Post a Comment