Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Cupcake crafts

The annual Girl Scout fundraiser, Urban Campout, is happening this week and a big part of it is the silent auction. My team decided we wanted to make a basket for it, and chose a cupcake theme. So, I made some cupcake crafts!

First up was cupcake holders. I got the idea from a picture in Crafts & Things magazine, but theirs were much more accessorized, and I like just keeping them simple.
You need:
2 inch pots
3 inch saucers
acrylic paint
one button for each holder
string.
super glue

Start by painting the pots and saucers. Do a double coat to be sure to get it all covered and looking nice.

You are then going to cut a piece of string long enough to attach the button around the pot. I also put a dab of glue behind the button so it was sure to stay in place.


Then glue the saucer to the pot
and you are done! Just place a cupcake in the top for ultra cute presentation!  Be creative with the color combos and buttons. You could also add some rick or ribbon around the saucer.
We were also putting mixes and sprinkle toppings into the basket. I wanted something more than just the box or container they originally come in to display them. So, I used some mason jars and little flip top glass jars to hold the goodies.
I drew some basic cupcake shapes on white paper for a pattern, and then cut them out of some cute dotted paper.
I then just took some glue and put them on the jars and they were good to go! (and even cuter once they were all full.
And here is our finished product with all kinds of cupcake fun!

1 comment: